How it works / Service Tools
Before you register and start your online doctor visit, here's information about how it works, what it's like and instructions for using the most common features of Online Care Anywhere®.
How it works
It's easy to have an online medical consultation using Online Care Anywhere. Here's how it works:
Register or sign in to use Online Care Anywhere. You will be asked to certify that you are located in a state where there is an Online Care Anywhere doctor before your visit.
Find a doctor you want to talk to and initiate a conversation.
Talk to the doctor. You can use a webcam, chat or phone. Your conversation is secure and confidential. The doctor will answer your questions, diagnose, suggest self-care, next steps and/or prescribe medications.
After each session, you can forward a detailed record of the conversation to your regular doctor.
Watch these videos to learn more:
What's it like?
Watch real people who've used Online Care Anywhere talk about their experience having an online doctor visit:
Scott, The Human Do.ing's visit- said Online Care Anywhere is a "cool tool" to see a doctor over the internet
Brea's visit- sought advice about her baby's skin condition
Janel's visit- helped her son get treatment for his migraine
Terri's visit- wanted to know more about her father's health condition
Guides (Service Tools)
For your convenience, these detailed guides will help you understand how to use specific features of Online Care Anywhere:
- Change your credit card information (PDF)
- Change your username and password (PDF)
- Complete or update my health history (PDF)
- How do I enroll or edit dependents under the age of 18 (PDF)
- How do I enroll myself in Online Care Anywhere (PDF)
- Enter my preferred pharmacy (PDF)
- Print a receipt for an Online Care Anywhere visit (PDF)
- Start an Online Care Anywhere visit (PDF)
- Update or change my address, phone or e-mail address (PDF)
- Share information from my Online Care Anywhere visit with my primary care physician (PDF)
- Use a coupon code (PDF)
- Steps to follow if the pharmacy did not receive your prescription (PDF)
Common conditions we treat
- Cough, cold & flu
- Sinus, ear & eye infections
- Depression, anxiety, trouble sleeping
- Acne, skin conditions
- Urinary tract infections
"I was able to talk to a doctor immediately for my annual bout of bronchitis. Typically during cold and flu season, it takes me at least a week to schedule a traditional office visit. By then, I've been suffering physically, and I've missed work time. With Online Care Anywhere, I got to talk to a local doctor who evaluated my condition and wrote a prescription minutes after I signed in. It doesn't replace my regular doctor, but it's a great option for those times when I can't rearrange my life around a trip to the clinic."
– Julie, Burnsville, Minnesota.