- What does it cost?
A doctor visit using Online Care Anywhere costs $45. If you have a Blue Cross health plan, some or all of the cost may be covered. If your employer has pre-established fixed pricing it will be reflected prior to connecting with the physician if you have entered your plan subscriber ID
- Who are the doctors?
Online Care Anywhere doctors:
- Average 15 years’ experience in primary and urgent care
- Are U.S. Board Certified, licensed and credentialed
- Have profiles available, so you can see their education and experience
- Are rated by other patients to help you choose the right doctor for you
- What conditions can be treated?
Online Care Anywhere doctors can help you with many common health concerns, such as colds, flu, fever, rash, abdominal pain, sinusitis, pinkeye, ear infection, migraines and more. See commonly treated condiitions
- When should I use Online Care Anywhere?
- You believe you are dealing with one of our commonly treated conditions
- You need to see a doctor, but can’t fit it into your schedule
- Your doctor’s office is closed
- You feel too sick to drive
- You have children at home and don’t want to bring them with you
- You’re on business travel and stuck in a hotel room
- Can doctors prescribe medications?
Regulations for telehealth services like Online Care Anywhere vary by state. They change regularly. In states that currently don’t permit prescribing, you can still have an online visit with a doctor who can diagnose and offer home remedies or over-the-counter recommendations. Online Care Anywhere doctors do not give prescriptions for controlled substances in any state.
For those states that permit telehealth prescribing, video is required for any consultation that results in a prescription.
*Phone-only or text consultations are available with a doctor. Without video, providers can only diagnose and provide home remedy or over-the-counter recommendations.
- How can I access the mobile app?
Download the app from one of these links:
- How do I enroll my spouse or domestic partner?
Your spouse or domestic partner should create a separate account.
- How do I add a child under the age of 18 to my account?
You can have a doctor visit on your child’s behalf.
To enroll your child on the app:
- Enroll yourself first and choose a doctor
- Before the visit, you’ll be asked if it’s for you or your child.
Select your child’s name from a list you created previously or add a new child by tapping “Add Child”
- Manage your child’s account or add other children on the app under Settings
To enroll your child on the website:
- Log in and click "My Account" at the top of the home screen
- Select "Edit Profile"
- Scroll to the "Minor Dependents" section and click "Add"
- Enter the required information
- Why can't I add children over age 18?
Anyone age 18 or older should create a separate account.
- Can I use Online Care Anywhere while traveling outside of the United States?
Currently Online Care Anywhere is only available in the United States based on spec ific state regulations..
- Can an Online Care Anywhere doctor order a lab test?
At this time, Online Care Anywhere doctors are not able to order lab tests or get results back from labs. However, you can share lab results that you already have with a doctor.
- My doctor has my health records. How do I connect those records to my Online Care Anywhere account?
You can upload a document with your health history or you can manually enter your conditions, medications, allergies and other information. You can also export a record of your Online Care Anywhere visits that you can print and bring to your doctor.
- Is my information safe and protected against identity theft?
We value your trust. Securing your personal data is a top priority for us. Personal information that’s transmitted between your browser and Online Care Anywhere is encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. SSL technology creates an encrypted tunnel between your computer and Online Care Anywhere that scrambles your personal data as it is sent across the internet. Login credentials are collected securely and are stored following a secure hash algorithm (SHA-256) that prevents anyone including us from being able to determine your credentials.
- What is normally done for follow-up appointments?
You can make a follow-up appointment with a doctor using the message feature on the site.
- Does Online Care Anywhere replace my relationship with my regular doctor?
No, Online Care Anywhere does not replace a relationship with your regular doctor. Use Online Care Anywhere as often or little as you need for common health conditions that are not emergencies..